Well this was a tough week for sure! I spent most of my time this week working on the cleanliness of my code and debugging a few NaN issues–nothing too terrible! I made a mistake that a lot of folks make and that I was implementing several changes at once without testing them individually to make sure they worked. This is fine, but it makes debugging a lot longer than it should be! Narrowing down the problem areas in my code was hard, but I was able to figure everything out with the help of my mentor cheering me on.
I also made the decision to remove smoothing on the light curves, but I’m thinking I will bring it back soon. I’m still not quite sure if I got the smoothing right! I guess I should explain what smoothing is: it is the process of smoothing out the sinusoidal patterns in the data. If the wavy curves are flatter, the eclipse dips stick out more. At least that’s the theory! I’ll work on it and see what I can do next week.